Multi-talented Kendal Turner


"My name is Kendal S. Turner. I am a poet and author. I was featured in the November  2011 issue of Essence magazine in the natural hair edition (with Kerry Washington on the cover). I am also on the bag of Afro Puff weave by lord & cliff. I have been natural for about 6 years now with locs."

Being a Poet and published Author: "I started writing poetry about 5 years ago as a therapeutic way of releasing all of the toxic emotions I felt from my past and present. What started out as healing for me eventually ended up helping other people.  They would tell me “you need to write a book!” because my poetry is so personal and transparent. So I googled “how to write a book” and I wrote and self published all of them.  One thing led to another and the next thing I knew I was a local celebrity. I love to encourage other women to be true to themselves and live their own truth because you never know who may be inspired by you.” - Kendal