Interview with Sashae!

How did your Natural Hair Journey Start?
I’ve decided to transition because I want to liberate my natural beauty. I came to the point where I want to show myself and others that to embrace yourself naturally is a blessing from the Creator and no one should ever be afraid to be themselves. Also I was tired of the perception that “relaxed hair” is the way to go. I want to be unique, and versatile in the way God intended.  

What inspired you to wear your hair naturally?
I’ve decided to transition to my hair natural because; I no longer wanted to feel bounded my relaxers… Also I’ve came across many ignorant people; and I want to inspired others/myself by showing that natural hair is phenomenal. in addition I absolutely decided no turning back when I found your blog/website honestly that is truly what has kept me going on my journey. Ms. Karen you are my inspiration; your work is greatly appreciated. 

Any fears you may have, had or have overcome?
During this transition stage I’ve been wearing extensions (to grow out my hair) I still need to gain complete confidence for when I’m 100% natural to be able to wear it & not be afraid.  I have overcome the myth that you can’t do much styling when your hair is natural; because “natural hair” is the most versatile. 

What your natural hair goals are for the future?
To have long and healthy natural hair. Also to wear a variety of styles i.e. Bantu knots, twist outs…

What are you favorite products?
Mane’n Tail Original Conditioner, Grapeseed & Jamaican Black Castor oil, Elasta QP  leave-in H2.
What advice do you have for those who are afraid to transition to natural hair?
“Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows." Making the decision to transition to natural may not be easy. However you need to overlook the negative things you’ll here from others, and be optimistic about what you want. You should have Will-power, Patience, Commitment & Dedication.